Thursday, January 7, 2016

New Year - New Intention

I absolutely refuse to call it a "resolution", that word has such a negative connotation to it.  If you don't complete it you've failed, if you marginally complete it you've failed, so unless you actually complete it/reach it you have failed!  An intention is flexible, it's alive, it can more easily morph as the year goes along.

My New Year Intention is to increase my Curvy Yoga practice.  I started last July 1 with a private class (with 3 friends) every Wednesday and I absolutely love it.  Our class has grown to 4-8 people on a given Wednesday and even added a Sunday class for awhile. 

I bought the Curvy Yoga DVD's but have yet to crack them open.  What am I afraid of?  I admit it is difficult to find a quiet place with a dvd player to do my practice, but I really need to make it a priority.  I feel more content, more peaceful, more loving and forgiving of myself when I practice and I can only see those feelings growing the more I practice.

Some people tout yoga and brag at how great they are at it - to me those people are not true "Yogi's" they are only doing it to prove to others how good they are. 

Our instructor, Heather, is amazing.  It's all about modifying yoga poses to fit your body type - the boobs and the belly - getting them out of the way to accomplish a pose.  It's all about what body you bring to the mat each time, and believe me each time it's a different one (amazingly)! 

I am stronger and more patient......because I practice yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment