Saturday, January 25, 2014

Monogram Door Decor

I decided with my new front yard we needed a new front door "wreath".  But I wanted something natural looking (to go with the new more natural landscaping and not the normal round wreath.  While searching on Pintrest (yes I'm addicted) I found the perfect monogrammed jute letter.  So after a visit to Joann's to purchase a paper mache letter "S", a roll of Jute Twine (located in the jewelry section oddly enough) and some felt for flowers I got out the hot glue gun and started wrapping.

It took about 3 hours total to wrap it all - the curves of the S were really difficult, I had to restart the last curve 3 times.  I decided to let it be and just covered it with the flowers!

Here is the final product.  I'm rather impressed with it - LOVE it!  Hopefully it will weather okay, otherwise I guess I could hang it actually on the front door behind the storm/screen door for more protection rather than on the house next to the door.

I started the S by covering the ends with individual strands of jute - using hot glue gun.The felt flowers we super easy  - there are a ton of tutorials on the web you can use. 



1 comment: