Thursday, June 16, 2016

Celiac Sucks

Lunch today:  my first foray into eating out with Celiac and it kind of sucked.  I know it will get easier as I get used to where I can & can't go and what I can & can't order.  It was my first time asking a million questions of the server, thankfully he was very nice and knew the answers without having to check and told me what my options were without making me feel stupid or ashamed.  (I did that to myself).

Mr. Bento Burgers - they serve teriyaki marinated burgers on a bed of rice - sound delicious right?.  I ended up ordering an avocado salad and side of rice.  Not the savory dish I wanted, but it was okay.

It was not as embarrassing as I thought it would be to ask, but it sure was disappointing to watch my friend A eat the yummy burger/rice meal and know I couldn't.  But there was that moment of pride and "I can do this" as well, this is my new norm whether I want it to be or not.

Then there is my one friend R who when I told her hugged me and said "when we go out for mom's night I'll support you by ordering what you order"....seriously I cried right then and there!  Now that's support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment