Tuesday, June 28, 2016

my baby girl is learning to fly.....

I remember the moment they put her in my arms for the first time, that feeling - an overwhelming WOOSH of emotion and love.  From that moment on I was hooked, hooked on making sure she learned everything she needed to know to go out into this world and be a caring, responsible, respectful adult. 

Now that that moment is here I want to stop time, reverse it, slow it down! I'm sure my mother felt the same way when her baby girls went off to college (being a twin we both left at the same time - double whammy). 

No one prepares mothers for this moment in time, in fact we are completely unprepared for ALL of those moments in time.  There is no handbook, no rules, no guidelines...just the experience of how our mothers raised us and our inner voice trying to direct us the right thing to do. 

My baby girl is going to experience things without me, learn things from others that I have no control over...have I done enough? have I taught her enough? has she learned the right things?  anyone can learn to ride a bike but to learn to deal with difficult situations and stand up for yourself ...was it enough?  was I enough?

There it is, right there, WAS I ENOUGH....WAS I ENOUGH?




No comments:

Post a Comment