Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Missing the "precious"

Precious is defined as:  (of an object, substance, or resource) of great value; not to be wasted or treated carelessly.
 
Most of the time I think we become so wrapped up in the hurry hurry that we miss seeing the precious.  

Sunday morning I was driving the puppy to the groomer, it was a cool morning with dew covering the ground.  As I was smiling at the sunshine sparking the dew like little diamonds I happened to notice a momma duck leading her many ducklings across the dew covered grass, leaving a little trail behind.  It was very sweet and precious, not something you see every day.  I was thankful that I had been going slow enough to see them, had I not been running late I would've stopped and taken a photo.  Looking back I wish I had stopped.  I know that my groomer, Rachael would've understood and I am positive she would have appreciated the photo.

The perfect example of a precious opportunity lost.

Don't miss your opportunity!  Slow down, you might be late for something but is that worth missing the precious?




No comments:

Post a Comment