Sunday, August 3, 2014

Special Day

Yesterday my DD *dear daughter* turned 16....what a special day for her and I wanted to do everything I could to make it extra special.  For the last 8 years we haven't had her home on her birthday, she attended a camp every summer the same week.  Now she's a full blown counselor at that camp and turned 16 the day we picked her up.  The specialness started by bringing 40 cupcakes for the camp counselors & staff to enjoy for her birthday. When we pulled in the driveway from camp she was greeted with a Happy Birthday sign above the garage door. Of course she ran upstairs to "check" on her room - she missed it I guess and opened the door to approximately 275 balloons.......


By far my favorite was the "rock jar"...I asked family and friends to send me a small rock with words of wisdom, advice, memories on it and to sign their name on the back.  Her colorguard coaches, friends, aunts, grandma/grandpa (and even her co-counselors at camp and some of the campers) all sent rocks....she cried as she read them.  Here are photos of the jar and some of the rocks.....






No comments:

Post a Comment