Thursday, August 7, 2014

we all have that ONE friend.....

I had a work meeting today with someone who is helping my company with our volunteer activity this fall.  I spent over an hour with her and left the meeting feeling refreshed, supported, listened to and genuinely cared about.


I decided this is someone I want to hang out with more often and introduce T (husband) and A & M (children) to.  Someone they can gain positive experiences from knowing!

We were talking about advice (my daughter is 16 and her's is 9) for the mom of a girl, you know - sex, dating....all of it.  She shared advice her mother gave her and it literally moved me to tears.  I hope I get this right:

Everything in life is a phase and every phase will pass.  
If you're in a difficult or sad phase, hang in there because it will pass.  
If you are in a happy, fun phase, enjoy it because it will pass.

How profound an moving, this woman who I don't know and will never have the opportunity to meet (she is no longer with us) touched my heart today.  

Thank you 'big fella for spending time with me an opening your life to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment